Super easy, really yummy, and a perfect treat for the early days of summer!
fresh from the oven!
Thin, crispy, chewy cookies with skor chunks (a yummy crunch). My friends and I first made the (skor) substitution back when we were in junior high and I have been making these babies ever since. People request them by name (“those delicious skor cookies you make”). The bonus is that they are so simple.
1/2 cup butter (the trick for a crisp cookie is to use melted butter, but let it cool a bit before mixing)
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3-4 skor bars, broken into chunks
- First of all, preheat your oven to 325. Or don’t. It’s really up to you how long you want to wait for these to be ready.
- Cream your butter, brown and white sugar til nice and smooth. I use an electric mixer for this part, it’s quicker and easier.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Sift in your flour, baking soda and salt, then mix it all up some more. You can use an electric mixer (the flour might poof all up in your face if you aren’t careful) but I prefer doing this part by hand.
- Lastly stir in your skor chunks, and dollop spoonfuls onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Pop them in the oven for 14 minutes, til the outsides are lightly browned, let them cool a bit and eat them up. But don’t eat them all up, because that’s a real easy recipe for a tummy ache (I would know).