Super easy, really yummy, and a perfect treat for the early days of summer!
- Buy them in the freezer section of your grocery store, and follow directions for baking them. Let them cool before filling them.
Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Filling:
- Wash your rhubarb and strawberries, then chop up into bite sized pieces (I used about 2 cups rhubarb, 1 cup strawberries)
- Toss with sugar (I eye-balled it, 3/4 cup)
- Melt a few tablespoons butter in your pot, add in fruit/sugar mixture and cook on medium heat
- Add flour a few tablespoons at a time… this thickens your mixture for gooey tarts!
- Cook the mixture til rhubarb is softened and remove from heat.
- Melt a few tablespoons butter, add equal parts sugar and flour, and a teaspoon of cinnamon
Put it together:
- Spoon your pie filling into the cooked tart shells and sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Pot them back in the oven at 450C BROIL for a few minutes till the topping melts a bit.
- Voila, you’re done. Now share.